Tariq is currently the Founder/CEO of MAD Talks, an integrated digital storytelling platform and media brand for the emerging world.
This platform captures stories shaping the future, of leadership & innovation, entrepreneurship and breakthrough thinking, in video and audio digital platforms and packages them for distribution through various digital and traditional channels.
Executive leadership roles with top global organizations including;
• Bloomberg Media - Media Lead & Advisor/Consultant MENA, (2010-2014). Built the sponsorship and distribution infrastructure and help set up Bloomberg TV.
• The Times & Sunday Times newspaper, CEO/Publisher, Middle East (2007-2009). Helped to launch the newspaper and platform and made it profitable in 2 years.
• Dow Jones Markets, Regional Director EMEA. (1987 -1998). Managing $500m revenue business with over 1,000 people in the region.
Media & Broadcasting experience
• Tariq’s media and broadcasting experience includes being a keynote motivational speaker, panellist, chairing and moderating global conferences, radio and television.
• Specialises in talks about the future, breakthrough thinking, the brain, innovation and creativity, moon-shot thinking, always with practical business solutions that can be applied immediately in your environment.
• Presented keynotes to global and regional summits ( eg KPMG, DP World, Accor, Nestle, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Adnoc, Batelco, Innovation Arabia, Telenor, Harvard Business School, Oman Oil, to name a few)
• Worked with BBC World, Dubai Eye, Dubai TV & has appeared in international broadcast & print media.
• He is also Founder of 100% MAD (“Make A Difference”), a UK based, not for profit Social Enterprise, a global millennial movement using the power of the digital environment to democratize philanthropy.
Education & other credentials
• He has a degree in Economics and studied at Harvard Business School.
• HBS-for GCC , Board Member and lead for all content and media activities